First released in the 1970s, the original Q Timex gave a new generation a modern watch featuring quartz technology.
For centuries, complex mechanical movements had been the foundation of watchmaking, but the introduction of quartz watches began to revolutionize the industry in the 70s. Timex unveiled its first quartz watch in 1972, designing affordable and highly accurate watches. By the end of the decade, quartz watches had overtaken mechanical watches, causing panic among traditional Swiss watchmakers. This period is known as the quartz crisis.
A natural evolution of their beloved Q watch Timex 1979 Reissue, this reissue adds a new color to the iconic features of the original – a blue rotating bezel, a gold-colored woven stainless steel strap, a functional battery hatch, and a domed acrylic crystal. That's all we already liked about the original.
- Stainless steel watch case
- Stainless steel mesh bracelet
- Day window and date
- Water resistance up to 50 meters
- Case width: 38 mm
- Case Material: Stainless Steel
- Bracelet color: Gold tone
- Buckle/Clasp: Clasp (Self-Adjust)
- Case color: Gold tone
- Case finish: Brushed/Polo
- Case Shape: Round
- Crystal/Lens: Acrylic
- Dial color: Blue
- Time markings: Markers (Full)
- Watch movement: Quartz Analogue
- Water resistance: 50 meters
- Bezel color: Blue
- Bezel material: Aluminum
- Case height: 11.5 mm
- Bracelet: 18 mm
- Color of the fastening material: golden tone